Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bloglines and RSS Feeds

First my comments concerning Bloglines: Less than a fun experience initially. I was able to sign up for my account and choose my feeds. At this point I was pleased with myself. Unfortunately this feeling did not last long. Trying to make my account public and linking my blogline feeds to my blog became a very long unsuccessful ordeal. Part of my problem has been my uncertainty working with all of this new technology. The problem I was having had to be me, it could not possibly be the website. Wrong. After much assistance from Jan Shive and Maurice, we realized that Bloglines was not recognizing my account. As soon as I subscribed again and opened a new account, everything worked. I was able to link my blogroll to my blog. Linda Zuckerman's (lindabeekeeper) instructions for publishing your blogroll to your blog are perfect. Worked like a charm. Now what this has taught me is that I am coming out of the technology dinosaur age, and that I just need to have more confidence in what I am doing. And probably most important, technology is not any more perfect than I am.
I am sure that RSS feeds have their place on the information highway, but personnally I prefer my regular websites for news. I do not have the time or need for all of this information. It is, however, nice to know that it is there if needed and that thanks to 2.0 I know how to get it.

1 comment:

Joppa Jotter said...

Donna, I commend you for your stick to it attitude. It was a crazy off beat issue and it would not give up, but neither did you.
Congratulations on figuring it out.